- Jewish United Fund
- Chicago, Illinois
- Intelligence, Consultant and Strategist, Security Guard and Public Safety
- Government and Public Services, Nonprofit
- Career Level
- Executive (Director, VP, Department Head, etc)
- Full Time
- Employer Type
- Direct Employer
Under the general supervision of the Executive Director, JUF Facilities, the Security Director leads efforts to ensure the security of JUF’s dozens of facilities, hundreds of public events and tens of thousands of staff, clients, volunteers, and event participants. Responsible for deepening the commitment to and awareness of security issues throughout the JUF system and developing plans to extend JUF security services to the broader metropolitan Jewish community.
Essential Job Functions:
- In partnership with the Executive Director, JUF Facilities and JUF’s Executive Vice President, establish a collaborative community security system, adaptive to diverse facilities, events and services provided.
- Assist other Jewish community groups with their security needs; conduct or coordinate assessments, facilitate adoption of security plans, and expand groups being served and services provided.
- Serve as lead liaison to law enforcement agencies (U.S. and Israeli) and to other Jewish groups.
- Provide informed assessments as well as appropriate responses for known and emergent security risks.
- Communicate authoritatively and relevantly – verbally and in writing – to multiple audiences.
- Design and implement necessary enhancements to JUF Security Operations, monitoring adherence to security protocols and ensuring operational status of equipment and personnel training.
- Serve as liaison and first-tier partner to the national Secure Community Network (SCN), coordinating with and learning from their trainings and communications, and sharing local intelligence with SCN.
- Vet and procure security vendors; when appropriate in concert with JUF’s Technology Department.
- Advise JUF, its agencies and other Jewish groups on the best use of security-designated funds.
- Establish training programs for JUF and agency staff, volunteers and when appropriate, clients.
- Resources permitting, offer those trainings to other Jewish groups and sites.
- Review, update and disseminate regularly updated security protocols/best practices and assessments.
- Investigate security incidents and report findings and recommendations for corrective action.
- Serve as a key member of JUF’s professional team, working collaboratively with all departments.
- Take initiative and assume additional duties as needed to ensure success of this role.
- Directly support JUF fundraising in addition to mandatory Campaign-related activities.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s and/or law enforcement degree preferred.
- 10+ years management experience in corporate, military, or law enforcement security systems.
- Experience running and managing security systems, especially for facilities and events.
- Experience designing/implementing emergency operation plans, standard operating procedures, and training programs, drawing upon FEMA/DHS National Interoperability requirements.
- Availability to respond 24 x 7, strong analytical, problem resolution, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to multitask, work through frequent interruptions and shifting deadlines.
- Ability to interact effectively with JUF agencies and broader Jewish and general communities.
- Strong writing and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of incident and emergency management communication procedures.
- Experience providing threat, vulnerability, and risk assessments.
- Communicate compliance requirements of governmental emergency preparedness laws/regulations.
- Draw upon existing and establish additional networks of public security contacts.
- Pass a security background check.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite and social media.
The Jewish United Fund/Jewish Federation of Chicago is the community’s leading non-profit, marshalling many millions of dollars annually to serve some 500,000 Chicagoans of all faiths and 2 million Jews globally. Governed by an active, diverse 80-person board of directors, JUF is committed to serving the Jewish and general communities.
*Must include cover letter with application*
All candidates must apply on the JUF website for consideration. Unsolicited communications on behalf of candidates will not impact hiring decisions and are not welcome.
Similar searches: Full Time, Direct Employer, Intelligence, Executive (Director, VP, Department Head, etc), Government and Public Services, Consultant and Strategist, Nonprofit, Security Guard and Public Safety