On-Site Maintainer II
- Chenega MIOS
- Government and Public Services
- Full Time
- The On-Site Maintainer II is responsible for installation, documentation, integration, troubleshooting and testing analysis of electronic, mechanical and software devices, products and systems for GMD DSC.
- Responsible for the documentation, integration, troubleshooting and/or testing analysis of electronic, mechanical and/or software devices, products and systems.
- Perform installation, set-up, check out, operation, maintenance, repair and modification of IDT and GCN ground terminal equipment.
- Analyze, perform diagnostic tests and troubleshoot equipment failures to determine cause, and perform repairs and corrective maintenance.
- Perform periodic preventive maintenance on the IDT and GCN equipment, and support GMD during Flight and Ground Tests.
- Understand and apply all applicable engineering processes.
- Develop plans and schedules for short-term work activities and provide plan and schedule guidance for support personnel and/or technicians.
- Estimate impact of problems and elevate significant problems to appropriate management personnel.
- Build customer intimacy through job assignments related system/product acceptance testing or hands-on user training.
- Prepare and communicate on-site technical status to Buyer and customer representatives at respective sites.
- Perform procedures, work orders, engineering tests, operational tests, and fault isolation on systems and equipment.
- Work with complex machines or computer systems.
- Dismantle, adjust, repair, calibrate, align, assemble, and operate equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, operating or repair manuals, rough sketches or drawings.
- Use test and diagnostic equipment to perform checkouts while maintaining appropriate records and logbooks.
- Complete on-call assignments within allotted time limit.
- Mentor and train subordinate Maintainers / Engineers
- Supervisory Responsibilities
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree preferred or
- 7 years of relevant work experience in:
- RF receive/transmit components.
- Servo RF/Antenna.
- Computers and networks.
- Time/frequency reference.
- Cryptographic equipment and associated interfaces.
- System Maintenance Engineering
- Comptia Network + OR Security+ Certification required on hire or NLT 30 days of hire.
- Secret Clearance required with the ability to obtain a Top Secret.