Copy of Head of the Vehicle Operations and Test Detachment
- Pennsylvania State University
- Keyport, WA
- Career Level
- Manager (Manager / Supervisor of Staff)
- Full Time
Head of the Vehicle Operations and Test Detachment
The Applied Research Laboratory (ARL) at The Pennsylvania State University (PSU) is seeking applicants for a position located in Keyport, Washington as the Head of the Vehicle Operations and Test Detachment (VOTD) within the Undersea Systems Office (USO) will oversee a workforce of approximately 10 research engineers and technical staff. The VOTD has been in existence at the Naval Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC) Division Keyport for more than 50 years.
Responsibilities of this position include:
• Interface to NUWC Division Keyport government and military personnel and the fleet for in-water test coordination and execution
• Deliver Test and Evaluation (T&E) support for new test capabilities
• Strengthen and maintain the strategic alliance with NUWC Keyport leadership
• Provide leadership and oversight to Keyport detachment workforce to maintain test vehicle reliability, perform required maintenance, support integration of new capabilities for advanced technology test requirements and support field operations
• Coordinate Fleet test events, including fleet asset scheduling, Command briefings and procedural compliance
• Recruit and professionally develop the detachment workforce
This position will be filled as a level 4 or a level 5. Typically requires a Masters' degree or higher in an engineering or science discipline and 10 or more years of related experience, or an equivalent amount of education and experience for a level 4. Additional experience and/or education and competencies are require for higher level jobs.
As a Level 5 additional duties will include:
• Plan and direct Test & Evaluation projects
• Propose and lead new initiatives and guide programs
• Mentor staff and team leaders
Required knowledge or experience for this position include:
• Ability to communicate at a technical level with Principle Investigators (PIs) to develop robust test programs, plan and coordinate in-water testing, and interface with NUWC Keyport personnel from the Command/Technical Director level to the on-range and shop workforce to successfully execute test programs on the NUWC Division Keyport Test Ranges
• Ability to execute range test programs primarily located at the Navy's northwest range complex at Keyport, Washington
• General understanding of ARL/PSU development tool sets and their in-water test requirements. This includes basic understanding of current test assets to include The General Test Vehicle (GTV), eXperimental Test Vehicle (XTV) and the large and small UUV test assets maintained within the Keyport facility
• Test and Evaluation (T&E) requirements and programs associated with Test Resource Management Center (TRMC), including Resource Enhancement Program (REP)
• Development of test programs to support research activities
• Willingness and ability to travel to represent ongoing test programs with sponsors and support activities to include Navy, DOD, and contractors
• Fundamental background in Test and Evaluation (T&E)
• Experience across relevant defense and related U.S. Government test programs and facilities
• Effective written and oral communication skills
• Proven organizational and technical management skills
• Strong interpersonal skills as demonstrated by team building and personnel development
The following knowledge/experience is preferred:
• Fleet test experience
• Specific experience with UUVRON, DEVRON5, SUBPAC, SUBLANT and COMTHIRDFLT
Candidates selected will be subject to a government security investigation. You must be a U.S. citizen to apply. Employment with ARL will require successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen.
The Applied Research Laboratory (ARL) at Penn State is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion; we believe this is central to our success as a Department of Defense designated University Affiliated Research Center (UARC). We are at our best when we draw on the talents of all parts of society, and our greatest accomplishments are achieved when diverse perspectives are part of our workforce. For further information about the Applied Research Laboratory, visit our web site at http://www.arl.psu.edu/
Apply online at https://apptrkr.com/2015374
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS: For more about safety at Penn State, and to review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters, please go to http://www.police.psu.edu/clery/, which will also provide you with detail on how to request a hard copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
More search results
School Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Substitute Special Education Teacher
Assistant Director, Experiential Learning
Millersville University of Pennsylvania
Substitute Special Education Teacher
The Stepping Stones Group