Personal Finance Writer
- Kiplinger Washington Editors
- Editor, Journalist and Freelance Writer
- Media / Journalism / Advertising
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Full Time
- Employer Type
- Direct Employer
Kiplinger, a dynamic and forward-thinking Washington, D.C.-based publisher of online and print information, seeks an experienced reporter to write personal finance features for its line of successful print and digital publications, including Kiplinger.com and Kiplinger’s Personal Finance magazine, and to contribute to other publications, print and digital. The position requires the ability to produce impartial, timely information and advice on broad personal finance topics, especially investing and retirement planning, as well as credit, banking, insurance, taxes, purchasing and financing homes and cars, and smart spending—for magazines, newspapers or websites.
The ideal candidate will also have subject area expertise or experience in writing about investing and/or retirement planning.
Being comfortable on air and on camera is also desirable. The ideal candidate will have experience on audio platforms or in broadcasting, as this position includes the possibility of scripting and hosting Kiplinger’s popular weekly podcast, Your Money’s Worth.
In this role, the reporter will produce high-quality, timely content in multiple platforms for consumption by a wide variety of users. This is a chance to be part of an exciting, modern, and growing global media company that has been trusted by its audience for a century.
Other essential functions of the position include:
- Edit other writers’ and editors’ work
- Bring lucrative new spinoff products to life in collaboration with fellow editors and marketing colleagues
- Collaborate with social media and business-development colleagues to expand our digital reach and find new audiences
- Collaborate cross-functionally with different groups both within and outside of the Kiplinger organization, including the Kiplinger digital team; other Kiplinger publication staffs; public relations team; sales, marketing, and circulation
A successful candidate for the position will have at least a bachelor’s degree and five years of appropriate experience.
The Kiplinger Washington Editors, Inc., produces products available in multiple formats and platforms, including print, online, and via podcast. It is part of the larger, global Dennis Publishing group. Among Kiplinger’s better known publications are the monthly Kiplinger's Personal Finance magazine and The Kiplinger Letter, a weekly business and economic forecasting periodical. The total paid circulation of Kiplinger print periodicals exceeds 900,000, and its website, Kiplinger.com, receives millions of unique visits per month. At Kiplinger, we start with the expectation that our readers will act on our advice, and benefit from doing so.
Kiplinger, an Equal Opportunity Employer, offers a competitive salary and benefits.