Sales Representative, Buildings
- Nationwide Search
- Research, Civil Engineer
- Engineering, Associations, Specialty Trades
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Full Time
- Employer Type
- Direct Employer
The Sales Representative, Buildings will be part of a team of professionals that works directly with prominent developers, architects, engineers, contractors and concrete producers to offer innovative and economical concrete building solutions for low- to mid-rise buildings. They will work to improve the knowledge of cast-in-place concrete building systems for both multi-family residential and non-residential applications. Success will be measured on the number of projects converted from wood and steel framing to concrete.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Identify key developers who build low- to mid-rise multi-family residential and non-residential buildings.
• Work with developers to determine which types of concrete system is best suited for the building type and location.
• Work with in-house design proposals to recommend innovative and economical concrete building systems that includes structural and envelope design recommendations, first cost, energy cost, life cycle cost
• Identify national and local contractors who can install concrete systems efficiently and economically including concrete frame, flat plate, post-tensioned, insulating concrete forms, tunnel forms, tilt-up, removable wall and floor forms, etc.
• Work with architects and engineers to educate them on the best concrete systems to compete with wood and steel framing systems.
• Identify obstacles to concrete construction (cost, construction schedule, labor pool, etc.) and propose solutions to decision makers to eliminate or reduce those obstacles.
• Deliver training for architects and engineers on the economical design of concrete building systems.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Sales expertise
• Dynamic presentation and communication skills
• Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor degree in architecture, engineering, construction management, business management or another related field.
• Five years’ experience directly related to building product or service sales.
• Experience working in a client- or customer-facing role.
• Experience with building systems including concrete, masonry, steel and wood a plus.
• Knowledge of building and design codes.
• Position requires significant travel (25%).
• Pack and ship heavy printed material and other supplies (50 lbs.)
• Position requires working from a home office located reasonably close to a major airport in the Midwest or Northeast U.S.