Sales Representative, Buildings
- Position requires working from a home office
- Research, Construction and Skilled Trades, Engineer
- Engineering, Associations
- Full Time
- Employer Type
- Direct Employer
The Sales Representative, Buildings will be part of a team of professionals that works directly with prominent developers, architects, engineers, contractors and concrete producers to offer innovative and economical concrete building solutions for low- to mid-rise buildings. They will work to improve the knowledge of cast-in-place concrete building systems for both multi-family residential and non-residential applications. Success will be measured on the number of projects converted from wood and steel framing to concrete.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify key developers who build low- to mid-rise multi-family residential and non-residential buildings.
- Work with developers to determine which types of concrete system is best suited for the building type and location.
- Work with in-house design proposals to recommend innovative and economical concrete building systems that includes structural and envelope design recommendations, first cost, energy cost, life cycle cost
- Identify national and local contractors who can install concrete systems efficiently and economically including concrete frame, flat plate, post-tensioned, insulating concrete forms, tunnel forms, tilt-up, removable wall and floor forms, etc.
- Work with architects and engineers to educate them on the best concrete systems to compete with wood and steel framing systems.
- Identify obstacles to concrete construction (cost, construction schedule, labor pool, etc.) and propose solutions to decision makers to eliminate or reduce those obstacles.
- Deliver training for architects and engineers on the economical design of concrete building systems.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Sales expertise
- Dynamic presentation and communication skills
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor degree in architecture, engineering, construction management, business management or another related field.
- Five years’ experience directly related to building product or service sales.
- Experience working in a client- or customer-facing role.
- Experience with building systems including concrete, masonry, steel and wood a plus.
- Knowledge of building and design codes.
- Position requires significant travel (25%).
- Pack and ship heavy printed material and other supplies (50 lbs.)
- Position requires working from a home office located reasonably close to a major airport in the Midwest or Northeast U.S.