The demand for digital marketers is growing rapidly. With a surge in demand, the need for quality digital marketers is constantly increasing.
If you love spending time on social media, have a passion for writing, aren't afraid of computer languages, and are good at marketing, then digital marketing is a good career choice for you.
Most of the people think digital marketing is all about selling products or services digitally but it’s not exactly like that.
Digital marketing is essentially an inbound marketing strategy meaning people come to you looking for your products or services. You have to generate inbound leads where people are not forced to buy but instead they come to you naturally.
Here are a few reasons why digital marketing as a career is the right option for you:
1- Excellent Job Growth
The Bureau of Labor Statistics has predicted an 8% job growth for all marketing careers, which is faster than average.
Companies are busy hiring expert online marketers for their in-house teams.
The field of digital marketing offers excellent job growth. Here are some jobs you can get with a digital marketing degree.
You can start your career as a digital marketing executive and can quickly become a manager after the experience of a couple of years.
There is a shortage of skilled marketers in the industry, so if you have the right skills, then you can expect high earnings right at the start of your career.
2- High Earnings
Digital marketing is a high-paying career.
The basic annual package offered to digital marketers in the U.S. is around $61,000 a year. With experience, you can easily earn between $60K - $160K annually.
Please note that your level of earnings depends on your experience and skills.
For example, a person with experience might not have the right skills. On the other hand, a person with less experience might have excellent skills.
Companies prefer people who know how to do the job as opposed to people whom they need to train.
Hence, it’s better to start your internship as soon as you enroll yourself for a marketing degree. If you acquire the knowledge and skills at the same time then it can greatly enhance your career.
By the time you complete your degree, you will have the necessary skills to start your job with an excellent pay package.
3- Opportunity to Work on a Number of Different Positions
As an online marketer, you can work on any of the following positions:
- SEO Executive - As an SEO executive, you will be responsible for acquiring organic traffic to a website and improving the conversions.
- Social Media Executive - Promoting a business on different social media platforms is the responsibility of a social media executive.
- Ecommerce Manager - You will have to manage the entire organic presence of an ecommerce business. Identifying, optimizing the performance of existing keywords, improving conversions, reducing the abandon cart rate and improving the bounce rate.
- Online Marketing Manager - You will have to manage a number of SEO and PPC projects on behalf of your clients.
- PPC Executive - The primary job of a PPC executive is to optimize the performance of ads and maximize the PPC ROI.
- Email Marketing Executive - You will be running personalized email campaigns on behalf of a business.
- Content Writer - The job of a content writer is to create SEO friendly and quality content that is able to rank higher in the search engines.
- Outreach Specialist - Your primary job would be to acquire links to a domain.
Online marketing is one of the few career fields that offer you so many options to choose from. It would be best if you choose a specialized stream that suits your passion.
4- You Can Be Your Own Boss
As a digital marketer, you have the opportunity to work on your own terms and conditions. You can set your own rules and working hours for running your business.
You can either choose to work from home or rent a cabin in a co-working space. The flexibility and freedom that digital marketing brings is hard to get in any other stream.
At the start of your career, you can join a company and gain some experience to understand how things work. Once you have the required experience and skills, you can acquire your own clients and start doing your business.
Several talented freelance professionals are earning good money by working from home.
If you are still thinking about pursuing a career in digital marketing then take the first step and don’t think further. Online marketing has a tremendous future ahead with people spending more and more time on the internet.
If you have a passion for learning (yes, if you’re planning to make a career in digital marketing then you should never stop learning), marketing and writing then online marketing is the right career choice for you.